Update: Actually, after just reviewing the rules below and consulting my attorney, I don't recommend anyone play this game ever. Even Winston Churchill would pass out playing this game, and he downed a decanter of bourbon with a Guinness chaser before eating a vodka-oatmeal breakfast every day. And that's true, I saw it on the BBC channel. I do my fact-checking here at the Deep Dish, we're not having a Manti Te'o situation, not on my watch.
Without further adieu, as Richard Dawson says in The Running Man, "Let's Play the Feud!"
|"Not the elbow, bro, no bro, no, bro-uch!"|
Drink 1 drink when:
- Ray Lewis dances
- Rob Gronkowski's elbow is mentioned
- Tom Brady is mentioned in the same sentence with the word "precision" and "masterful" or "questionable wardrobe" and "lady-like"
- Ray Lewis prays to the Lord
- Bill Bellichick frowns or appears to mutters something under his breath
- Ray Lewis misses a tackle
- Joe Flacco overthrows a receiver and then directs the receiver to run faster
- An announcer praises Ray Lewis' leadership/and or character
- When the Patriots many "weapons" are discussed
- When the possibility of a "Harbaugh Bowl" is brought up
- A Masters preview is showed and the words "A tradition unlike any other" are mentioned
- Tom Brady complains about being touched by a defender
- Wes Welker dives to the ground to avoid getting hit after a catch
Down your drink when:
- Ray Rice does something silly like convert a 4th and 19. You'll know when to do it.
- Either QB throws a pick and the announcers promptly blame the receiver
- A pass interference call is reversed because the pass was uncatchable (this never happens, btw)
- Bill Bellichick smiles
- Brady dons one of those ski caps with the puffy ball on top
- A Ravens receiver drops the game-winning catch
- You find something at all redeeming or likable about the Patriots
Prediction: Patriots 34 Ravens 21
Atlanta +4 vs. San Francisco
Take 1 drink when:
- Someone mentions doing the "dirty bird" or Jamaal Anderson
- Any old clip of MC Hammer or Deion Sanders is shown
- Whenever the camera shows Jim Harbaugh screaming (warning: this could be dangerous)
- Matt Ryan's impressive home record or unimpressive playoff record is mentioned
- Colin Kaepernick runs for a 70+ yard touchdown while momentarily taking flight
- Fox shows a promo for that new Kevin Bacon show The Following
- Troy Aikman says the phrase "You're right, Joe..."
- Eugene Robinson's Super Bowl XXXIII weekend is mentioned (the XXX is fitting)
- Anyone mentions Brett Favre was once drafted by the Falcons
- Harbaugh throws a challenge flag at a referee's head
- Whenever Joe Buck says the name "Babineaux!"
- If a referee utters the phrase "unabated to the quarterback"
- Everytime the camera pans to Alex Smith looking sad
- Anyone says "Tebow!"
Enjoy the games!